2. Master Casts / Impressions
Good master casts/impressions
- Capture full palate
- Capture most/all of the surrounding labial & lingual tissues, the vibrating line, the full roll
- Are free of noticable holes, skips, voids, or bubbles
- Most CHROME cases use a backup denture; please capture as much anatomy as you would for an immediate full denture.
- It can be challenging to reach the entire vestibule with an IO scanner, but please try to capture as much of the palate as possible.
- If there is distortion, please retake the impression. It is best to catch inaccuracies at the office.
Bad master casts/impressions
We cannot use master casts or impressions that do not meet the desired coverage per patient scenario (see record checklist for details), have distortion, or have noticeable holes, drags, bubbles, and voids.